[3830] NA Sprint SSB K3KU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K3KU LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 17:43:17 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - August

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:  27
   40:  33
   20:  21
---------------------
Total:  81     Mults = 36  Total Score = 2,916

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

The skills that we with lower-tier signals learn for "regular"
contests -- finding small holes in which to run; tricks for cracking pileups --
are of no use in Sprint.  Losing 80% of the jump balls means you don't have any
fun if you want to make a rewarding number of QSOs.  This contest is the
ultimate in "The 100 Loudest Guys Compete to See Who Can Work The Most of
Each Other."  I'm going to have to find a different way to have fun in
Sprint (especially SSB), or just skip it.