[3830] CWOpen WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 23:12:25 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 2000Z-2359Z

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

  160:
   80:
   40:   72    61
   20:   56    54
   15:    8     6
   10:
-------------------
Total:  136   121  Total Score = 16,456

Club: Deep Dixie CC

Comments:

Took afternoon nap while ball game was on TV and woke up, only to realize that
you guys were racking up the points...and there I sat in dreamland!  So, I got
a late start (at least, that's my excuse).

Then, during a good run on 40m about 23:05z, I heard a loud pop in my ears and
saw flashes of light...the power had a big surge, then went off momentarily.
My MFJ Autotuner had a display that said "Turn power off NOW!"  So, I
did.  Then, in a fw minutes, we had another bang outside and lights went out for
a bit.

I took that as a clue that my time in CW Open was finished.  Didn't want to
damage rigs, etc.

OK, that was fun.  Thanks to all!  Too many names to mention, but I did find
myself smiling several times when I heard old friends' calls come through my
headphones.  Y'all sure make for a fantastic community!

I realized that another reason my score suffered is because, at the beginning,
I realized I was just sitting and listening to many of y'all run the Qs.
That's bad for my score, but really good for my learning from the pros.
Thanks!

73 from here among the Mississippi magnolias!
--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis)
Ten-Tec Orion ~100w to 400' horizontal loop at 40'