[3830] All Asian SSB N6RO M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB N6RO M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 01:15:30 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): AF6WX K1GI K3EST N6BV N6RO WZ6Z
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

   80:   84    41
   40:  825   136
   20:  336   115
   15:  132    53
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1377   345  Total Score = 498,525

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The RO team usually does several single-banders in the SSB AA, but we decided to
go after the M/M record which seemed achievable.  We managed to triple the old
record score, despite terrible prop. condx to Asia on 20, 15 and 10m.

..the rest of the story:
10m: I had hoped for a couple of skew-path Qs to JA, but never heard ONE signal
on the band the whole weekend, not even VK/ZL, where we point for skew. I
estimate that I F1'd about 2500 fruitless times !

15m: Dean, Aki and Howard probably Cqd 4000 times, and managed to work a few in
a marginal 2 hour opening on Saturday PM.  Nothing at all on Friday and Sunday.
Big change from last year, when Masa made over 900 Qs on 15m SB!

20m:  Bob spent about 40 hours on a very disturbed 20m, but managed a good mult
which helped the overall score.

40m: Whoopee, thanks to Masa K1GI/JN3NFQ.  His 40m number would be a new SB40
record, which he set two years ago.

80m:  I endured the T-storm static and power line noise both nights. Managed a
nominal number, but missed at least a dozen callers in the noise. Without the
K3 NB, I'd have lost half of the Qs I did get. Thanks to the many JAs and RW0MM
who called. Both nights I monitored 15m on the second radio, frustrated to not
hear a trace of the Asians working EU!

Despite the condx, the team had a good time. Highlite of the weekend was a
farewell lunch party for Masa, who is returning to Japan after a four year job
tour in Silicon Valley.  In his three years operating here, he set 8 records in
the All Asian and JIDX contests, single bands and most notably the SOAB record
score in JIDX CW. We will miss him, but hope to have him continue to operate
this station remotely when we get it all set up.  Attending the lunch were
officers of the NCCC, pres. W1RH, treasurer K6LRN and his XYL K6TKD.

And now,to reconfigure the station for CQP, four weeks from now.  CU then.