[3830] TnQP W4NZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP W4NZ/M Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 12:52:33 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: W4NZ/M
Operator(s): K4VIG K4BP W4NZ
Station: W4NZ/M

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: 23 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:    93                   32
   40:   756                   64
   20:   154                   30
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  1003    0       0     126  Total Score = 390,556

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I missed going mobile in the TQP last year but this time Gary K4VIG and Jeff
K4BP signed on as for the adventure. Jeff was our designated driver and did a
yeoman's job, driving the whole route. Thanks, Jeff! That left Gary and I to do
the operating. We had planned to cover 25 counties but ran a bit short on time.
Even at 23 counties, our route covered just over 450 miles so perhaps 25
counties was a bit ambitious. This year for the first time we used my Chevy
Trailblazer as the vehicle.  We had two Hustler antennas mounted on the roof,
one forward and one aft. The radio, an Icom 756ProIII, has two antenna ports so
band changing was almost instantaneous. Conditions on 20m were spotty.  We had
some good rates but only for short periods. Skip was long with lots of QSB and
it seemed to play out early. 40m was the money band. It got really good around
sunset and held up with good signals right up to the end.  80m was also good
after sunset but we got there a bit late (40m was still very productive). This
made for some very active pileups.  There are some really good operators in
these parties because they stayed right with us as we cranked up the cw speed
to get everybody in the log. The stations we most often worked were:
VE3KZ - 25
K5LH - 24
KI0I - 18
K5TIA - 17
AA3B - 16
K1GQ - 16
W1DWA - 16
N4VV - 15
K3TW - 15
N4PN - 14
KE0G - 14 (QRP! Thanks, Dan)
K5KPE - 14
K5NZ - 13 (my NZ cousin-thanks, Mike!)
N1CC - 13
N2CQ - 13
NU0Q - 12
WX4G - 12
W7OM - 12 (thanks, Rod!)
VE2FK - 11
K8MR - 11 (another QRP! Thanks, Jim)
N8II - 11
WN4AFP - 10 (gl in SCQP, Dave!)
K9NW - 10

And we worked some DX:
ON4AAC - 6
G4RRA - 4
DK3BN - 3
OK1CF
CT1EDJ

A big THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to ride along and give us a call
making this a really fun experience.  See you next year!

73, Ted W4NZ (for Gary K4VIG and Jeff K4BP)