[3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 19:42:38 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Sep 9

Call: VE9AA/M
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  13     13
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  13     13  Total Score = 169

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

That was tuff sleddin in my MINI sled, I tell ya.
Most interesting QSO was with Bert F6HKA just as I was crossing the Macataquc
Power Dam. It's up out of the water 125-150 or so and signals from EU
(direction of the drop) usually peak, and this drive across was no exception.
He went from 529 to 599 in 10 seconds flat.  Bert also had a HUGE warble on his
signal whereas all the stateside signals did not.  I listened and even once I
drove off the dam, there was a warble.  Must be a high K index. (haven't
checked yet-just got in the door)

Nice that Larry WB5EIN could hear me just as I drove up a nice little molehill
on my drive home.

Heard and called 4 different W6's but the only one to be worked was Marko, N5ZO
who was 1-2 S-units louder (on avg) than K6NV, K6RB...sorry guys ;-( hee hee

Appreciate the good ears out there, especially my rig apparently is lazy and is
dropping 2 leading dits a lot of the time. Oh dear---here I go again.

Mike VE9AA/mini