[3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9RV HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 12:45:03 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   89
   40:  121
   20:   89
---------------------

Club:

Team: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Looked at the QSO total of 299 for the last three minutes of the contest.  Just
couldn't budge it up by one.  Drat.

One of the strangest Sprints I'll ever remember.  I think I worked one
Illinois!  Almost missed WA.  No VE other than VE3.  Never thought that WAE SSB
was a real conflict with this contest, but now that it is a 1000 point WRTC
event I guess all bets are off.

Everything worked very smoothly here, very few operating
"experiences."  After only 20 years or so I am finally getting used
to being aware of which is the active and inactive radio in TR Log.  Still
don't always have proper control of my keyer speed, though.

Conditions sounded mostly OK, but they clearly could have been better on 20.
No direct path W6 from here.  I got beat out a lot there, maybe more than
normal.  But there was spot propagation to some people (VE3JM, KW8N) that
showed that the band was open for at least the first 3 hours.

Was good to work N6TR -- think he had just come off the tower to put his new
antenna up!  See everyone in February.