[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 16:56:58 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   27     :48
   40:   61    2:00
   20:   37    1:10
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Good start on 20m despite high A index.

After first hour everyone moved to 40m, and
40m was a brick wall for QRP from this far west
for another hour. Finally I could make some
progress with west of the Mississippi, but not
the East. I had to take a couple breaks when
someone remoted in and used the antennas. I had
forgotten to disable the remote.

Around 0230z, 40m became really noisy. Tough slogging.
I carried on because I dreaded going to 80m while QRP.

Last hour I sucked it up and went to 80m QRP. As
long as I only tuned for the strong signals I had a
chance. Half the time the strong signal was leaving
the freq.  Time flies when you just call and call,
and before long we were done.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: Force 12 C-3 at 48ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 80 ft.
Kenwood TS-590s at 5 watts
Writelog and microham micro2r keyer

QSO by hour and band.
        80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
00Z    ---+-   ---+-     33       33     33
01Z       -      31       4       35     68
02Z       -      26       -       26     94
03Z      27       4       -       31    125
Total:   27      61      37