[3830] WAE SSB N4TZ/9 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4tz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB N4TZ/9 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 12:56:56 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4TZ/9
Operator(s): N4TZ
Station: N4TZ/9

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:    8           7
   40:   69          29
   20:  126          35
   15:  166          33
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  369   369   251  Total Score = 185,238

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

OPERATING TIME: 29:46:39
            CQ COUNTER: 2303
            RUN/SEARCH: 142/230 Qs
      UNIQUE CALLSIGNS: 237

              SOFTWARE: TR4W v.4.38.2 http://www.tr4w.net

  BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points Countries
  80SSB         8            8        8         7
  40SSB        69           69       69        29
  20SSB       127          126      126        35
  15SSB       168          166      166        33

 Totals       372          369      369       104

    Final Score = 185238 points.

If I had wanted VHF Contest conditions, I would have
entered the VHF contest this weekend......

I spent 36 hours in the chair, but many 30 minute segments
without one QSO, despite tuning two bands at a time and
using DX cluster.  Last six hour QSO totals were:
5, 4, 3, 2, 0, and 2 QSOs.  No QSOs between 2106 and 2341.
Really appreciate the Auto-CQ feature, tailor-made for
these quasi-VHF contests.

Had a couple of 30 minute periods (one each day) when
I actually had a 60 QSO/hour rate - best clock hour
was 41 at 1600z on Sunday.  Sunday conditions were better,
but I guess the Europeans had used up their 36 hours
already working the Asians.  I heard lots of good
Asian DX Sunday morning (XW, etc) but few Europeans.

Worked a whole lot more Europeans in the ARRL DX contest
than in the Worked All Europe contest.  Maybe a name
change is needed?

I noticed some surprise on the part of the Europeans
receiving my QTC which had serial numbers of zero.
I quote from the WAEDC rules:

"5. ... The exchange consists of RS/RST and a progressive
serial number starting with 001. If the station worked does
not send a serial number, log the contact with number 000."