[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jarred.jackson@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 23:41:55 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  199    69  Total Score = 22,839

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

On Saturday I operated from home as FM-Only (See KF2MR for that score). Good
thing as it poured out all day. On Sunday I went out in the rover vehicle
activating the 4 local grids, with time spent mostly in FN02 and FN13. Having
spent the previous day on FM-Only I recognize the importance of rovers keeping
an FM radio to support those in that category. I also tried out a new IF radio
(FT-817) for 900 MHz and was happy with the results (having all 7 bands on one
radio gets very confusing. I had 5 rovers in my log which was great. I
accidentally ran into K2LDT/R which was nice as it was my first time meeting
Greg and Charlie. I regret not carrying a real antenna for 2304 or my 10G gear
as it would have been useful working those guys. I can credit the ON4KST page
with 4 multipliers I might not otherwise have added randomly. I need to figure
out how to simplify things for January and see if I can make room for two
people in the car. Always something to work on...