[3830] SCQP N4FP SO MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Wayne@wgb.cc
Subject: [3830] SCQP N4FP SO MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 17:59:31 +0000
                    South Carolina QSO Party

Call: N4FP
Operator(s): N4FP
Station: N4FP

Class: SO MobileCW LP
QTH: SC Rover
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:
   80:
   40:  138
   20:  115
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  253     0       0  Mults = 45  Total Score = 45,430

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Had some rig and antenna issues during 1st hour that got things off to a slow
start.  Made 86 contacts in first 2 hours, then only 33 contacts during the
next 3 hours.  Noise level was very high on 40 and 20.  At 1900Z we decided to
cancel our room reservations in Hardeeville and revised our route from 15 to 11
counties.  Terminated our operation in Hardeeville at 2215Z and headed for
Florida, arriving home in The Villages about 0245Z. No sooner had we cancelled
when conditions started improving, and I made 125 contacts in the next 3 hour
block, but we stuck with our decision to quit early.  I had several spurts of 8
contacts in 3 minutes, but couldn't keep it going.  Our first county,  Horry,
was the best, with 47 contacts, and our last, Jasper, was 2nd best with 36
contacts.    Flex 6300, 100 watts to horizontally mounted Hustler antennas
atop a 3 ft mast above a 3 magnet mount on roof of our Kia Rondo, allowing
instant band switching.  N1MM+ with intergrated keying.
Special thanks to my xyl, Marty, WB2VYK, for her skillful driving.  Overall a
fun time, frustrated mainly by the midday high noise level.