[3830] TxQP N1CC Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP N1CC Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 22:24:12 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: HENDERSON
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    1      0
   80:   32      1
   40:  109    113
   20:   84    136
   15:   24     13
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  250    263      0  Mults = 166  Total Score = 211,816

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100:  10W SSB, 5W CW.  F12 C3 @64', 80/40 Fan Dipoles (2) at 50' one
E/W and the other N/S.  50' Inverted L (160M).

QRP Single Operator with all permitted assistance.

Radio conditions were fair to good.  Never heard anyone on 10 or 6 Meters.
40-Meters money band with 223 contacts, followed closely by 20-Meters with 220.
 15-Meter next at 37 contacts, and 33 contacts on 80 Meters with one on 160-M.

The mobiles were busy, however, with QRP wasn't able to work all that I heard,
the pileups were not a problem - the mobiles were having trouble with the Low
and High power gangs too.

I was able to create good runs on both SSB and CW on 40 and 20 when conditions
would allow.  The opening on Saturday afternoon on 15M was shorter than Sunday
mornings nice opening.  In fact, on 15CW I didn't lose my run until someone
spotted me and a multi-KW multi-Op big money station plunked down on me and
stole the pile up.  In the next 15 minutes I moved 2 more times, and he
followed me .. and pretended he could not hear me.  I guess it's his
"age" these day.  I went to another band ... wouldn't you? (I am
8-yrs older than he is...)

Another multi station complained that I could not hear them on CW calling me
because "you are a lid to have your filters so tight".  Sorry boys,
up here in North Texas we KNOW how to zero beat who we are calling ... strange
your crew could work me on SSB and be tuned in to my signal fine!  (And I don't
think 350 Hz is too tight!)

I certainly hope the Contest Sponsors will reconsider their "Lumping of HP
and LP" into one class of station, keeping QRP different ... that's why I
went QRP, as there is no way my average station can compete in the same group
as the KW and more guys with an honest 100W in LP mode.  QRP was fun, I was
only 30% down from my final score from last-years LP entry ... that was a big
surprise to me!

Contest is getting busier, perhaps in a year-or-two with more tweaking TXQP
will be one of the BIG QSO Parties!

The big one California QP is next week!