[3830] CQ WW RTTY N9TF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N9TF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 03:31:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   80:   80      32        6     5
   40:   64      19       22    10
   20:   89      17       37    16
   15:  117       5       55    19
   10:   11       0        4     3
------------------------------------
Total:  361      73      124    53  Total Score = 201,500

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wish I had more time to play in this contest. It was a shoe horn kind of
weekend.
I chose to operate in the classic category, just me and the radio, picking off
stations as I tuned up and down the bands, and then calling CQ.
The K3S with the narrow roofing filters, made a huge difference in my ability
to copy signals practically on top of one another. No RX desence when a 20+
over S9 signal was right next to a signal only 10DB above the noise floor. The
first 4.5 hours in the chair (also the longest period at one time)was all it
took to get used to many of the functions of N1MM+. Once all the necessary
windows were placed ergonomically between the two monitors, it was all just
point and click.
15 and 20 were a lot of fun to play on. Conditions Sunday morning for 15m were
outstanding as were conditions later in the day on 20m. Wished I could have
spent the whole day Sunday playing in the contest, but had other obligations.
S&P proved to be more productive. I did trying running on multiple
occasions, but 100 watts and low antennas just doesn't attract a lot of
activity. I probably spent to much time trying to get a run going and lost some
productivity.
Had a lot of fun. Just wish I had more time to play.

Operating conditions: K3S 100 watts N1MM+/MMTTY 2 element triband at 37', 80M
OCF dipole at 35'.

73 Gene, N9TF