[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7VIT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7vit@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7VIT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 00:03:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7VIT
Operator(s): K7VIT
Station: K7VIT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: USA-OR
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:   21       13       5     6
   40:   36       19       9     8
   20:  226       42      53    24
   15:  202       27      32    19
   10:    3        1       3     3
------------------------------------
Total:  488      102     102    60  Total Score = 264,792

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I think this was my personal best outing in the CQ WWDX RTTY test. Too bad we're
on the downward slope of the solar cycle. I need better low band antennas.

If anyone were to read this short note, I offer a helpful hint, a gripe, and a
praise:
A) Helpful Hint: If you are new to RTTY, please add a space before and after
your call and any buffer text. Background static/QRN and QRM will add garbage
to your call or buffer wasting much more time than you save by omitting
spaces.
B) Grrr: Not sure if it's software or the OPs ... There is another ham/friend,
K7VI, just across the river from me. He hasn't been on much recently. I must
have had 20+ stations call me with his call and not my call, K7VIT. Is this a
super-check-partial problem/highlighting problem, a call-history problem,
software or ... ???
C) Praise: It seems to me that a whole bunch of folks who were S&P-ing,
turned off the AFC and RIT and tuned more carefully this time. Careful tuning
cuts down fills and repeats. More time saved. Good job everyone!

Thanks to all who answered my calls. It was fun. Somebody invite 10m next
time.
73,  Jerry  K7VIT