[3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 02:08:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N7US AI9T N5AC K9WX K9CT K3WA N4RR
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  494       54      45    16
   40:  964       53      83    28
   20: 1345       56     105    36
   15: 1424       44     110    35
   10:   65       14      19    13
------------------------------------
Total: 4292      221     362   128  Total Score = 7,094,358

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Conditions dictated our class. We had a lot of fun last year but knew it might
be tougher this year on 10 and maybe 15. We were concerned the first morning
when 15 took a while to open and many quick signal fades. So we assembled a
team to do M/2  and had fun running on two bands.

As usual, the team brought plenty of food and we didn't go hungry. Maybe 3830
should list start and finishing weight of the team?

N1MMPlus worked flawlessly and the stutters of previous contests were gone.
AI9T arrived early and made sure we had the fewest processes running on each
computer. Both MMTTY and 2Tone were used to decode and were helpful to have as
the conditions changed throughout the contest.

We had both new and old K3 synths mixed between the run and mult radios and
watched the phase noise differences on the same band. The new synth is a
significant improvement and worthwhile for multiple radio environments.

We had visitors during the contest from the Bradley University ARC members and
a father and son, VU2SPZ and KC9ZJX. This was a pleasant diversion for the
team. Maybe we found some new contesters?

See you next round...

73, Craig K9CT