[3830] CaQP VA7ST SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP VA7ST SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 01:00:46 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    1
   80:   53
   40:   51      8
   20:   83     27
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  188     35  Mults = 46  Total Score = 29,164

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Managed to put in 7 hours, but most of the time was sweeping CW bands for new
stations. Usually didn't find many after the first pass. Working this event off
the side of all those yagis pointed east from CA isn't a lot of fun, but things
get a bit better on 40 and 80 when people move to wider-lobe antennas.

Stalled by Sunday morning at 46 counties (vs 47 last year). Missed GLEN, KING,
LASS, MADE, MEND, NAPA, PLAC, SFRA, SIER, SISK, SJOA and SUTT.

I can understand not finding KING, LASS and SISK as often happens, but SFRA,
SJOA and NAPA?

With no chance on 15M or 10M, things felt a bit limited this year. Guess we can
look forward to some lean years from here on out. Gorgeous weather here in BC
this weekend, so cut in and out to get in some time for lawn mowing Sunday.

Congratulations to NCCC on the 50th running of what has perennial been the best
state party on the calendar. There are other great ones, but CQP is like nothing
else.

Year      Qs   Cty    Points
2015     223    46    29,164 Mixed LP
2014     227    47    29,704 Mixed LP