[3830] CaQP K6H(W6KC) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6kc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6H(W6KC) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 05:46:37 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6H
Operator(s): W6KC
Station: K6H

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: Santa Monica (LANG)
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:
   80:  105     65
   40:  259    114
   20:  293    239
   15:  228    201
   10:   74      9
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my 2nd year operating CQP from my home QTH in LANG. I had done County
Expeditions in Mammoth Lakes, Mono County for the prior 22 years.  I am still
trying to adjust from operating at 8,000ft with a forest of pine trees for
getting my wire antenna high in the air to my home QTH in Santa Monica at 75ft
elevation and no trees for antenna wires.  For CQP I was able to put up my 80m
dipole by extended it across my neighbor's home to a tree on the side of his
property. None of my antenna are higher than 30ft, but with my amp it all works
out pretty well.  I did take a 30 minute break on Saturday night to have dinner
with the family, but it was worth a few missed Q's.

Sunday morning I still needed NE ant NT but never heard either one all weekend
so it was another 56-muilt year. One highlight was finding 10m open on Sunday
morning.  It only lasted about 30 minutes, but I had a great rate while it
lasted.  The rest of Sunday was a challenge...I just kept making band and mode
changes trying to get new stations logged.

I really enjoyed being one of the Gold Rush 1x1 stations and it was nice to
work 20 of the other 23 Gold Rush stations.

Thanks to all for another excellent CQP!

73, Jim K6H/W6KC

Station:
K3, AL80B & N1MM+
TA33jr @ 30 Ft