[3830] 432FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 22:01:17 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51xp,EN61ap
Operating Time (hrs): 1.25

Total:  QSOs = 13  Mults = 7  Tot Dist(km) = 742  Total Score = 91

Club:

Comments:

A family obligation on Wednesday afternoon/evening limited the time
I had for the Sprint but I was able to escape for about two hours,
visit two grids and operate for about an hour and fifteen minutes.

I had an omni antenna (KB6KQ 2m loop, which has worked in the past
on 432, at about 4' above the roof of the CoROVERolla) but all QSOs
were completed with a Diamond 10 element yagi that I was able to
raise to about 15 feet on a painter's pole through the driver's side
back seat window.

Radio was FT-897D, 20 Watts (barefoot and FMing a bit if I was too
loud into the microphone).

Chicago area activity was VERY light, perhaps impacted by the Cubs
playing the Pirates in the National League Wild Card game AND the
regular season home opener for the Blackhawks which included the
raising of the banner for the 2015 Stanley Cup at the United Center.

Conditions seemed rather flat (or less than flat?) around Chicago.

Final results were 8 Qs from EN51ap with 4 mults and 5 more from
EN61ap with three mults (missed finding anyone in EN52 from there
after finding FOUR EN52 stations from EN51).

13 Qs x 7 mults = 91.

My best "DX" was withIN EN61, to KU8Y in EN61uw while I was at
EN61ap,
142 km. One other QSO at 105 km, and the rest ranged from 10 to 80 km.

Total DX was 742 km.

Thanks to all who were on and participated.

Thanks to the SVHFS for their continued Sponsorship of the Fall Sprints
and to Bruce Horn, WA7BNM for supporting the Sprints and so many OTHER
radiosport events with the 3830scores.com web site.

73, JK