[3830] Oceania CW VK3JA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk3ja@aol.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW VK3JA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 00:10:34 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: VK3JA
Operator(s): VK3JA
Station: VK3JA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    0     0
   80:    3     3
   40:  153   122
   20:  181   137
   15:   79    59
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  416   321  Total Score = 364,014

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Only a few hours but enjoyable to put VK3 in some logs.
Propagation forecasts were very poor but a few surprising openings were seen.
Fifteen meters mid afternoon brought UN,VU,4K and others calling so propagation
appeared to be there but little activity and nothing from EU at my QTH on 15.
Ten meters never opened at all which was a disappointment as I had hoped for a
nice JA run.

Forty meters was excellent with low noise and excellent propagation to EU in
the early morning hours.  At one point had 100/hr+ rate going and logged about
150 Q's in less than 2 hrs on 40 so it was a nice point generator.

Twenty was excellent on our afternoon long path to EU but I didn't have time to
check morning LP to NA and I elected so sleep at night so no info on how the
bands did in the night.

A fun few hours.  Congrats to the OC stations that put in the time to build
nice scores.

73 to all
Steve VK3JA