[3830] WAG K5YAA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WAG K5YAA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:53:08 +0000
                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:    3      0       3
   40:  135      0      24
   20:  108      0      25
   15:  184      0      26
   10:   99      0      24
----------------------------
Total:  529      0     102  Total Score = 161,874

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Well, there are only so many DLs, DJs, DMs, DKs, DOs, DQs, and DRs reachable
from 5 land but there were enough to keep things interesting. Thanks to all the
German stations who hung in there. Don't tell Bob K5WA but I now and then would
read the mail to see how he was doing. Like me he had some long dry spells so I
spent quite some time now an then waiting for him to have somebody call so I
could check on his progress. Bob, we need to do something about our rates here
in mid-country!

The bands were probably as good as they have been in a long time. Saturday
morning at the start 10 and 15 both were open with quite good signals on 10
meters. A pleasant surprise. Saturday afternoon 20 meters just didn't seem to
have the ummph the other two high bands had but there was hope that Sunday
morning would bring some action on 20 which it did right down to the closing
bell.

15 was the best band and provided me with a 26 DOK sweep. Close on 40/20 and 10
by a hair. Some interesting DOKs. JUPE and KIDS made me do a double take. WRTC
wasn't too bad as I caught it right away. Got to work DJ0PE on 15 near the end
to sweep the DOKs on 15.

No equipment problems except for the 15 minutes that Windows 8 decided it would
UPDATE my PC and took control from my grasp. DJ9OY is still probably wondering
where in the heck I went. Sorry I had no way to respond and of course 15
minutes later when the machine decided it would give me control again you were
long gone. Apologies as I don't think I got to work you on that band.

My first SO2R action in some time and now I recall how much it adds to the
endeavor. Fun stuff which is what we all look for in this great hobby. It
continues to be humbling though when you hear numbers twice your own from the
East Coast. No problem, 500+ from Oklahoma is an OK showing even if I do say so
myself. More power to you if you can hit Europe with a rock.

Thanks to the organizers and to all the stations that called in to my CQs. Some
terrific operators in Germany for sure. Always a pleasure to be able to move
along at rapid speeds knowing your info will get logged.

73 - Jerry K5YAA

Rig: Dual K3s, Dual Alpha 9500s with 8el on 10, 6el on 15, 6el on 20, 3el on 40
and a limp Vee on 80 which probably didn't hamper things much in this one -
signals were very weak from Europe on 80 - at least here in the midwest.