[3830] WAG WH7AA(N2NL) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAG WH7AA(N2NL) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 20:03:22 +0000
                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: WH7AA
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: KH6YY

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Pupukea
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:
   40:   83      1      25
   20:   45      6      22
   15:   22      2      14
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  150      9      61  Total Score = 27,999

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was the first time I used WH7AA (formerly NH2T) up at KH6YY's big North
Shore station.  In the future, it looks like the station will be using KH6J for
multi-op efforts and I will be using WH7AA for my SO efforts.  Interestingly, I
seemed to have fewer issues with WH7AA (W5ZAA) than I did with KH7XX (K5ZXX),
even though the XX call has been used in many more contests!

Polar propagation to Europe was very limited this weekend; only about two total
hours of an open path to DL during the contest period.  After my local KH6
sunrise, there was a strong 20m opening along with a very short one on 15m,
perhaps 20 minutes long.  The DLs faded quickly away to nothing as they moved
further into darkness, so most of the day was spent working on station preps
for WW DX SSB.

I had hoped for a second opening at local sunset, however the Bz went negative
and Aurora killed the northern polar path.  Fortunately there was a decent 40m
long path opening, because 20m never really opened up again.  As a result, my
20m totals were disappointing in comparison to 40.

Thanks for all the QSOs, and especially to Alex KH6YY and Kimo KH7U for giving
me the opportunity to operate again from Pupukea!

73, Dave N2NL/KH6