[3830] TBDC K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:43:09 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: K7RAT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 165  Total Score = 910

Club:

Comments:

Excellent opportunity from the new QTH to see how things were working on my
favorite band.  The new loaded tower seems to be getting out very well and the
Hi-Z 4 square array is hearing better than the TX antenna and showing great
directivity.

Nice to have OA4TT call in and I worked a handful of JAs.  Worked KV4FZ easily
just at sunset.  High QRN levels made it tough to pull some of the weaker
signals through however and a number of QSOs just never got completed.  The
award for the most perseverance goes to N9EXU - who had called in once and I
could never hear the "E" and we gave up.  I came back on the band
over an hour later just before hitting the sack - and he called in again and we
finally completed the QSO.  I learned one thing from that QSO - it's not a good
idea to change your code speed in the middle of a contact.  You are focused on
picking up bits and pieces of the call - and if you change code speed -
everything just sounds like mush.  Also - often - a slower code speed will
reduce your chances of getting a complete letter in between static crashes.

Sounded like there was good overall activity - even with some disturbed
conditions.

Thanks for all of the QSOs!!

73 Tree N6TR/7
Hillsboro, Oregon (not as boring)