[3830] CQWW SSB K5YAA SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5YAA SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 01:01:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 34.5

  160:   11     3        2
   80:   24    12       12
   40:   96    19       41
   20:  241    29       90
   15:  356    28       91
   10:  379    27       82
------------------------------

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

I realized near the end of the contest I was feeling like someone had been
beating on me with a greased two by four. SSB is a tough way to make a living
next to CW. I, like Eric, K7ABV am recovering from some health difficulties so
that added to some of the tired setting in I'm sure. Got me some wav files
prepared so at least I was spared some of the huffing and puffing.

Roughly 90% of my action was S&P as each time I tried to get a run going I
ended up walking or sitting down. It seemed the whole world was running in this
one as the bands were in great shape.

S(zero)0S really caused a major stir on 10 then he showed up on 20 meters. What
a pileup. I think that was the call sign. Had some trouble with several odd call
signs, maybe it was the way they were said. Appreciated the many who signed
their call regularly as it is a real pain, not using any kind of spotting
references, to wait until some of the ops signed. That was usually after they
were called out by one or two stations wondering who they just worked. I got
tired of waiting on several and shot my call at a handful just to get a worked
before from them. At least I got to move on along. I can understand the
mentality of run run run however so no complaints for the most part. Only a
handful really took advantage assuming everyone knew who they were hollering
at.

10 meters was a delight and got maximum spectrum use. Signals all the way to
28.900 on Sunday morning. I'm sure all enjoyed the opening both days. My Q
count on ten was better than any other band. I just kept coming back there all
day Sunday and continued to find fresh pickins. I never felt strong on 15 which
is usually my better band.

Many thanks to the folks who keep the WW contests going and take care of the
mountain of work afterwards. Also, a kudo, no several kudos to the N1MM group
for the utility of that program. I added the multiplier displays (Zones,
Countries) to the screen and found myself looking often at what zones I needed
on each band. Very nice work folks.

Here's hoping band conditions are as good the end of November when the
"real" contest is held.

73, Jerry K5YAA
Rig: K3, Alpha 9500, 8el 10, 6el 15, 6el 20, 3el 40 and Vees on 80 and 160.