[3830] CQWW SSB NN4RB SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NN4RB SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 01:29:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:   59    11       32
   20:  121    20       62
   15:  114    24       56
   10:  113    17       50
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Goal was to do better that the last two entries. Met my goal.

   In 2013 I did a little over 100 contacts and it 2014 I had just short of 100
contacts.  So, this year I wanted to do better as a goal.  I started out with
the goal of 100 contacts for each band that I worked.  I did not make it, but I
still did much better than before and a lot more time in the seat.
   This was the first time that I really went assisted and I learned a lot.  I
was really surprised went I clicked on a spotted multiplier in 40 meters and
found my radio go to split operation with me talking on a different frequency.
The real surprise came when I realized I was in the CW band, but only for
receive.  Well, after I regained composure, I thought that was cool.

Later in the contest, there were quite a few of the DX stations split on 40
meters.
  Some needed changes that I need to make:
        Create an interface to change out headphones - one style gets irritable
after
awhile.
        Create a box for the foot switch, so that I can keep it where I want.
        Get a new chair or have this one covered and padded.  I am numb from
sitting.

Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-756PRO III
(20, 15 and 10) Mosely TA-33jr, Ham IV @ about 40'
80/10 OCF dipole at about 44'
35' vertical on top of metal storage shed - Remote tuned (The vertical worked
better for DX)
TMC_ATS-2_Antenna Tuner at antenna
450' Beverage