[3830] CQWW SSB WB4OMM SOSB/40 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb4omm@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WB4OMM SOSB/40 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 02:18:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB4OMM
Operator(s): WB4OMM
Station: WB4OMM

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:  30     9        24
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  30     9        24  Total Score = 2,607

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

SOAPBOX: 20M QRP went so well last year, decided to do another single-band QRP
entry this time on 40M.  Wow!  No beam (only a wire loop) and the 40M band
conditions were a REAL challenge!  Repeated calls went unanswered many times.
I was surprised at getting some DX (Ukraine, several stations in Europe), but
could not get closer (some of the Caribbean - US - Canadian) stations for
mults.  Noise was pretty high, after about 3 hours of efforts I would have to
quit each night (and a headache!).  Thankfully I had a voice keyer, else I
would have no voice left.  Don't know if I will try this again!   Hi hi
hi.....
FT-2000 at 5W, 269' Wire Loop Antenna, Heil Proset,N1MM Software.