[3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 03:22:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   43     6        5
   40:  103    11       10
   20:  241    26       70
   15:  535    24       72
   10:  428    21       42
------------------------------
Total: 1350    88      199  Total Score = 850,094

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Last year was challenging. This year was exponentially more so. Reults are
lower, but not for lack of trying! Score is down, reflecting reduced QSO count,
and fewer zones and countries, though neither factor is horrible. The biggest
year-to-year change is probably in the NA vs. non-NA composition of my log,
which is very heavy on 2-point QSOs, as 100w+YL power did not garner much
attention from EU or AS. The situation makes me appreciate the calls I did get
all the more.

My thanks to all who heard me and to all who kept me busy in pileup mode.

Despite the difficulties, there were many smile-inducing moments.

And this weekend marathon definitely ended on a fabulous note. In the last
15-20 minutes, I picked up a few more mults on 20m and then found a spot on 20m
and started calling CQ. I figured might add a few Qs from anyone anywhere but I
was mistaken. I attracted much more than a few Qs. The last 15 minutes was
simply amazing. I worked as fast as I could but I could tell there were still
lots of stations waiting their turn for a QSO when the clock clicked to 00:00.
My apologies.

MNI TNX.
73
Rebecca VA7BEC