[3830] CQWW SSB WA3AER SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WA3AER SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:05:14 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:   81    19       55
   15:  127    19       56
   10:  125    14       54
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Life intervened this weekend, limiting operating time more than I had expected.
Given that, however, Sunday afternoon and the propagation condx. produced more
contacts than I am usually able to accumulate in a much longer time period. A
couple of attempts at Runs came up dry, so I resorted to that with which I am
quite familiar, S&P.
When I started around 1530Z on 20M things seemed sluggish, so up, up the bands
I went to find 10M activity excellent, at least considering the past few weeks
of geo storms and where we are in Cycle 24. Along the way to 10M, I'd stopped
briefly on 15M, made a few contacts, and moved on. Am I glad. I stayed there
until late afternoon, moved down to 15M for a while, long enough to just exceed
the number of 10M Qs by 2. During that time I had the best luck ever working JAs
; the only glitch was that the noise level in my neighborhood peaked when I
pointed the Hex Beam NW. I'm going to blame my success on having used a K3 this
time around (new to me, and I'm so thankful my friend Jim needed to get a K3S).

Finally moved to 20M around 2200Z to boost the Q count to something more
respectable. The need for food ultimately convinced me to stop since I hadn't
eaten since morning. 20M was far from fallow when I left, and Qs there also
included a couple of JAs and more AK contacts.
Did I have a good time? I must have since I operated until The Body screamed
Feed Me. TU to everyone who contributed to both my Q count and my Fun.