[3830] CQWW SSB KM5VI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, maflukey@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KM5VI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 21:22:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KM5VI
Operator(s): KM5VI
Station: KM5VI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:  111    18       42
   40:  193    25       58
   20:  219    27       76
   15:  367    30       86
   10:  549    30      100
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I will echo the many comments heard about how the improved band conditions
seemed to arrive just in time for the contest - it was surely encouraging to
find 10m open and in much better condition than expected as the contest
started.  All of the bands, in fact, seemed to be in relatively good shape
except 20m, which never seemed to really favor my direction long enough to run
frequency with any success.   I also noted a few instances of rather unusual
propagation on 20m.

I was very fortunate to dodge a potentially bad weather situation, as the
remnants of Hurricane Patricia passed across Texas and through my area.
Torrential rain fell non-stop throughout the entire weekend but without any
thunderstorms or lightning.  By Sunday afternoon, the wind gusts picked up
sharply and the primitive roads leading to my station were becoming quite
flooded, so I decided to quit the contest early and head for home before dark.

Participation in the contest seemed to be good again this year and I only
missed out on zones 23 and 34 �" the same usual suspects!    As with all
CQWW’s, there were memorable surprises �" one of those will certainly
be the call I received from D44BS along the long path on 10m just as the band
was closing down after my own sunset.  Some others will be several 20m stations
heard along some rather skewed path

Many thanks to all that participated in this year’s contest and contributed
to a fun and enjoyable event.   I am glad to have had the opportunity to
participate this year and hope to CU again in the next contest.
73
Matt
KM5VI