[3830] CQWW SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 00:19:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 47.8
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10     4        3
   80:  105    20       35
   40:  891    32       87
   20: 1089    35      118
   15: 1116    34      103
   10:  482    29       61
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Timing is everything. Had this contest been held two weeks ago, I think the
result would have been quite different.

Conditions in general were really good:

10m - No EU runs like last year. The few EU's worked were weak with the
strongest signal beaming 90 degrees. My mult count took a hit, but other than
that, the band was in good shape.

15m - The best EU runs only lasted two to three hours before things start to
shift and the eastern countries dropped out. Overall, no complaints - I've seen
the band much worse!

20m - The best of the high bands. The longest EU runs and the best DX. Sunday
morning featured some flutter which is always more challenging on a crowded
band. Only if there were some way to get more of our friends from Japan on this
band, 20m would have it all!

40m - No EU runs this year. Never heard or worked a UK station either. Many
thanks to all of the JA operators for a great turn out! Because of you, this
was my highest single op 40m total ever.

80m - Typical conditions. Maybe less activity in general.

160m - HK1NA wins the 160m big signal award. Loudest DX of anyone heard for the
last few years. Other than that, the band was (yawn) boring.

Thanks to all for the Qs and the QSYs!

73, Mitch, K7RL