[3830] CQWW SSB NE9U(@W0AIH) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NE9U(@W0AIH) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 01:18:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

  160:   12     5        7
   80:   36    11       23
   40:   78    18       52
   20:  253    29       97
   15:  435    29      100
   10:  329    26       81
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

For various reasons, Paul decided to cancel any M/M for CQWW SSB from The Farm
this year.  But he told me to come out and operate with the Rhombics.  As most
of you know the Farm isn't set up for single Op.  But all 4 Rhombics can be
used at an band station...so I sat at 10 and had access to them all  (Europe,
Caribbean, Africa, and JA).  With reverse switches, that gave me 8 antennas!

I also used this contest as motivation to get my "new" XP laptop and
TR4W enabled with SO2R for a SSB contest...just in case I decide to do SS SSB
in a month....A couple bugs to work out but close...in the end, due to not much
running, I didn't even have radio 2 on all the time...Thanks to N4TZ and W9RE
for all the advice.

The big Fun Factor mistake was going low power.  Even from the Farm, you stand
in line in the pileups.  And it was even next to impossible to Run....15 and 20
were wall to wall 20/9 signals...and going high in the band on 10 didn't even
gather much attention.  My run/S&p ratio was about 15%/85%....mostly on
10...probably spent too much time trying....

Didn't spend much time on the low bands at night as the Rhombics work, but
aren't the best there...so i got sleep!

Scott  NE9U

Equipment:
K3