[3830] CQWW SSB WE9V SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WE9V SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 01:55:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): WE9V
Station: WE9V

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:   14     5        9
   80:   54    12       33
   40:   94    21       62
   20:  286    33      110
   15:  481    33      127
   10:  391    32      111
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

As 3 out of my 4 beams were on the ground, I entered into the now
defunct "Tribander-Single-Element" overlay category.  My 40M XM240
has now been converted to a W6NL Moxon, and my stacked pair of
KT-34XAs are repaired, but all were on the ground for the contest.
The tower crew was here on Thursday, but the main tower guy wasn't
feeling well, came down the tower after rigging the tram line, and
vomited.  Oh well.  So I used a single, low tribander, a really
low 40M dipole, and an 80M dipole.  Was mildly pleased with the
performance, but missed the bigger aluminum.

This was my traditional 99% S&P the packet multipliers effort.
The bands are just so jam packed with stations (and many EU
with waaaaay too wide of signals) that it's not any fun trying
to defend a frequency anymore.  I guess I'm getting old.  I'm
looking forward to CW where there's a little more room and
narrower filters.

10M opened quite late here, especially Sunday.  Unfortunately,
I pulled the plug fairly early on Sunday to do some yard work,
so I didn't experience the improved conditions later in the
day that others spoke of.

The following stations were worked on 6 bands:
TO4K        V26B        KP2M        CN2AA       8P5A

Thanks for all the QSOs, and the Hi Chad's from all over the
world.

73,
Chad WE9V
http://www.we9v.com