[3830] CQWW SSB VY2ZM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VY2ZM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 19:10:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): VY2ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  257    18       68
   80:  365    21       74
   40:  961    27       94
   20: 2055    34      118
   15: 1312    35      117
   10: 1108    29      104
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a lot of fun and also a lot of work for someone who has been doing this
for almost 60 years.  The station was ready for this one and everything worked
as it should without failure - so it was an exciting 48 hours for me just to
play the hand out.  Conditions were far better than expected which motivated me
to push as hard as I could - even when I wanted to just "crash" so
many times near the end of Saturday evening.

It is well-known that Zone 5 is not one of the preferred "hot spots"
from which to compete in CQWW on a World Class Basis - but it is quite possible
to make it into the Top 10 WORLD and even into the Top 5 WORLD from time to time
from Eastern Canada.

So basically I am pleased to submit this score as it represents something close
to what may be the maximum possible from around these parts at this point in the
sunspot cycle.  VE3DZ when operating from VE2IM has done ever better once or
twice in the recent past as has Ken, VY2TT, (operating on CW mode), so we all
have managed SOAB unassisted scores exceeding 12Meg in CQWW over the years -
and I am sure these great operators were equally cognizant of the level of
their achievement at the time it was submitted.   It really doesn't get much
better than this - HI.  A little ZIG or ZAG here or there may have added 500k
perhaps but probably not much more than that.

Congrats to everyone who iron-manned it out in the SOAB chair this year and,
like ES5TV, I look forward to seeing what else is out there from the remaining
SOAB champions who have not yet been heard from.

Thanks again to all for the QSO's and hope to CU on CW mode next month.

73 JEFF  VY2ZM/K1ZM
Atlantic Canada