[3830] CQWW SSB SN3A(SP3GEM) SOSB(A)/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB SN3A(SP3GEM) SOSB(A)/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:32:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SN3A
Operator(s): SP3GEM
Station: SP3EM

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2717    40      143  Total Score = 895,805

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

I would like to thank my friend SP3J for station and antenna preparation.   My
work responsibilities did not giive me time to do
antenna work.

This was my first contest on 40.  I have always done single band 80, they are
two very different bands.   I think I know everything
about 80 but 40 is a new world for me.   I used a 6el fixed yagi on a 35m boom
and a 4el rotary yagi.   I worked 40 zones and 143
countries.   Zone 39 is always difficult but this time I worked 3 stations:
C91B, C91C and TO90R.   I heard an additional 7-9
countries but they were operating above 7200.   I don't know if these stations
realized that in Europe it is not allowed to operate
above 7200.   At times they had a big pile-up of Europeans and were convinced
that everything is OK.   It seems that some European
stations do not realize that they are breaking the rules by operating outside
the band.   On CW there will not be this problem, of
course.

I would like to thank everyone who made a QSO including those there were not
able to get through.    Next year I will try to improve
my receiving antennas and to work these stations.

-- Jurek SP3GEM