[3830] SS CW W1VE(@K2LE/1) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1VE(@K2LE/1) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 03:05:11 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: K2LE/1

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 13
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:  211
   40:  391
   20:   72
   15:  128
   10:    3
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I had planned a full effort in the shack at K2LE/1 in Vermont -- a
shakedown after repairs from a summer lightning strike.  Well, an all-hands
work alarm went out, meaning I would have to do some work over the weekend.  I
worked
Saturday before heading off to Vermont.

I went to Vermont and did 9 hours in the chair there... Conditions not so hot,
but I was doing OK.   I was constantly looking for my buddies, J, VY1JA, and
Hal, W1NN, operating the VY1AAA remote K3 at J's house.

Well, I was calling CQ on 40m, and I heard a weak VY1 -- it was J running his
O7 barefoot into the 40m ground plane.  He was 229.  Turning the 4L beam north,
he came up to 339 and we made the QSO.  I finished out my last sections of ND
and RI for the sweep just before 1am Eastern time.  I went to bed.

I returned home in the morning, did four more hours of work stuff; then headed
out to blow about 4 acres of leaves of our lawn with a new leaf blower.

I stopped in to make a few QSOs using the remote, but the Patriots game started
at 1pm... so that dug into contesting time :-)

I managed to fine Hal operating VY1AAA on 20m...  he peaked about 579 on the
4/4 stack on 20m... but faded quickly.

Lots of fun -- lots of memories working the same callsigns over the year.  My
first SS was in 76.  Thanks for all the QSOS!

Look for me operating VY1AAA in the SSB version... Hopefully, the propagation
Gods will be with us!

73, Gerry W1VE