[3830] SS CW K8MR Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8MR Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 14:20:47 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: wcf
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  106
   20:   45
   15:  100
   10:    1
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

We arrived on Friday for our winter in FL. I wasn't able to find four stations
here for SS as I have done back in Ohio, but I was able to get on with the K3
from the condo as N4FCG, and then head to the waterfront parking area with the
KX3 for a few hours on Sunday afternoon and evening. Between the high A/K
index, the Sunday afternoon fresh meat factor, and salt water, things played
very well. Interestingly, the overall rates from both efforts were almost
identical.

On this trip we have the minivan, so I was able to set up the 33 foot wire
supported by a DK9SQ mast and fed against the minivan. No direct ground
connection to salt water, but it was ten feet away. I operated in two segments,
including Sunday night, for which I was able to set up the antenna in the dark
with no problems.

As always, fun passing out the QSOs!

73 -  Jim  K8MR