[3830] SS CW WX3B SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX3B SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 14:40:15 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   72
   40:  151
   20:  240
   15:   38
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Great PVRC turnout for CW - might be the best we have ever had.   The only thing
more impressive about our turn-out for CW might just be the Society of Mid-West
Contesters effort.

There were plenty of loud Mid-west stations on each band I operated!!  I ended
up with a block time Sunday afternoon and early evening for this event and had
about 6.5 hours of true operating time.  Bill, K3WI had visited in the morning
and we overlapped by only a few minutes, however I knew I had to at least EQUAL
his 6 hour effort...

I also thought there were many, many loud W6's and the propagation on 40
supported a one way trip to W6 for many hours of this event....late
morning....late afternoon....check the skims.   Even if W6's weren't answering
you - I'll bet the big guns were being heard until noon our time out in W6
land.

I never heard Northern Territories this year, and never saw PR spotted.  I was
grateful VE3EJ called me at the end of the event for ONS.  Believe it or not,
West Virginia and South Carolina were two of my last sections worked.

My hat is off to everyone in PVRC that got on this weekend and
operated...particularly those that have many operating hours invested.
Especially in the SSB/CW contest, the better start you get, the more the event
grinds to a slow pace near the end.

I enjoy the SSB leg of this event because of the faster pace and more stations
to work.  WX3B will be providing another Parallel operation opportunity - for a
two call sign effort.

Like another PVRCer mentioned (Jim K4QPL?) - I do have a feeling we are going
to have to mount a record-breaking campaign on SSB to win this event - and I
have confidence that we WILL DO IT!!

73,

Jim   WX3B