[3830] SS CW N0MA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7ii@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N0MA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 17:40:07 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N0MA
Operator(s): W0GXA W0ODS W7II
Station: N0MA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:    0
   80:  135
   40:  270
   20:   65
   15:   63
   10:    0
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The Auroras may be nice to watch but they sure ruin the radio fun.  I chased
VY1AAA all day Sunday but could never hear him well enough for solid copy.
Finally after dark on Sunday night the prop improved that he could be heard on
20m.  He called CQ incessantly and I was surprised that few returned his calls
so I guess others were in the same boat as me.  Thanks to VY1AAA for never
giving up.
Then the last section was NE which came 20 minutes before contest end.  Thanks
to KE0Z for leaving his SD home to operate in NE.  It was worth it to us.
W0GXA did the heavy lifting for us on this one.  Since the conditions were so
poor on the high bands we hastily raised a 40m dipole.  It performed much
better than the 4 square for SS this time.
73
w7ii