[3830] SS CW K8CC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8CC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:41:12 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:    3
   80:  270
   40:  297
   20:  140
   15:   13
   10:    2
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

First time the K8CC station has been on the air in any significant way in more
than two years.  The two weeks before the contest were filled with antenna work
just to get enough stuff working to be able to operate.  Many thanks to Tim,
KE8OC for all of his help with this.

Couldn't do the full contest, but wanted to get on to make points for MRRC.
The unlimited category is a great way to maximize points production and avoid
the "Sunday SS Blues".  The ANNOUNCEMENTS window never emptied and
was a great way to keep the rate up with a computer-controlled radio.

I may have messed up strategy-wise by focusing on 40 and 80 the first day.  I
was surprised on Sunday at the short-skip stuff that was workable on the higher
bands.  After-effects of the CME?

OTOH, I was surprised to work my first-ever SS QSOs on 160.  I saw a spot for
W3PP down there, QSY'd and worked him and two others in short order.

Worked every section I heard.  Unfortunately, I never heard (or saw) WY, PAC,
AK or PR.  Happy to work all of the VE sections though without any
difficulty...

Now it's back to work.  I have a few more things to get running for the
multi-op effort we have planned for the SSB weekend, but at least most of the
projects are inside :-).

73, Dave/K8CC