[3830] SS CW N1TX(@KL2R) Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N1TX(@KL2R) Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 05:48:44 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N1TX
Operator(s): N1TX WL7F
Station: KL2R

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: KL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   29
   20:   75
   15:   19
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Worst. Contest. Ever.  Little short of radio silence.  And Wes WL7F and I
decided to run low power!  I have to say the experience was great otherwise
with Wes to amuse and to advise.  I likely would have walked away from this one
solo.

Kp was mostly 4 or over, which in Fairbanks means tough going.  Compounding the
problem, the aurora was at level 8 most of the weekend.  Absorption was
unbelievable, and paths skewed completely out of whack.  20m was busiest.  10
never opened.  Surprising catches at times.  W8s in Ohio were best on the
European beam.  VE7s were very light and rare, as were KH6 stations.  If you
can't work KH6 from KL, go do something useful.