[3830] SS CW K8BL SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8BL@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8BL SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:45:45 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:    2
   80:  352
   40:  342
   20:   84
   15:  136
   10:    5
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

The condx were OK, but not the best. WWV numbers were kinda crummy, but the
noise was down.

It seemed to me that activity was down a bit from previous years. A number of
the familiar Calls didn't end up in my Log. And, finding an open spot to CQ
wasn't much of a problem. There weren't many S/N's so high that made me say
WOW like in past years.

Worked all the Sections except NT before going to bed around 2:30 AM. There
were
Spots for VY1, but I was never able to hear him. On Sunday, Spots for him
started showing up around Noon, but he was incredibly weak and the feeding
frenzy kept covering up what little I could hear. I succumbed to the desire
for Clean Sweep and spent way too much time trying to hear him well enough to
toss in my Call and it cost me well over an hour of operating on and off. In
mid-afternoon, I decided to give up. But, just before sunset, I gave him
another listen when he was spotted on 20M. After about 10 tries, I finally
got him!!!! YAHOO!!

This is my all-time favorite Contest in spite of the really long exchanges,
but
once you get into it things just seem to flow. We've reached the point where
some of the Check Numbers (11, 12, 14, etc.) make you wonder if they  are
1911 or 2012!!!

BTW..... Looking over the Contest Summaries on 3830, there are a number of
Stations that have scores showing they worked 84 Sections. That's a pretty
neat trick since there only 83 Sections to work!?!?!?! Did a new Section
show up that I don't know about??? (HI-HI)