[3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:01:39 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 23.7
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  280
   40:  383
   20:  231
   15:  216
   10:
------------

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

With not a lot of time to get ready this year, I crossed my fingers and hoped
that all the equipment would work when I fired it up. This year it did. I
didn't see 100 rates like last year, but the first 5 hours were really fun and
I was on track to go for a record. Of course reality set in, things slowed
down, and I just started to hope for "better than last year."

With solar forecasts for the weekend not good, it was a pleasant surprise to
hear 15m wide open at the start. I took advantage of that for a couple of hours
before moving down. All the lower bands were relatively noise free. I even tried
160 every once in awhile when things were really slow, but never got a bite.
When I quit for the "day," I had 79 mults.

After much-needed sleep, the rest of the mults came in the first three hours.
My last five sections were NE, PR, WY, AB, and NL, with VO1HP giving me the
Sweep at 1456Z. I worked all the other sections at least twice except AK and
NT. To keep myself entertained on Sunday, my quest for a Sunday Sweep fell two
short, missing VT and AK.

The only operational change I made this year was working all dupes. Last year I
didn't and logged only 3. This year I logged 28 dupes, most of which probably
logged me once as K0HC and once as K0SC. I didn't keep track of dupes I didn't
log last year, so I couldn't compare to the log-checking report, but it will be
interesting to see how this year comes out.

It's always fun to work fellow School stations (in order worked): N5XU, W6RFU,
W8EDU, W9GRS, W8UM, and W9UIH. We've got a team of six students practicing hard
this year, and they're looking forward to working you all in the SSB Sweeps in a
couple of weekends.

Thanks to all for the contacts!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc