[3830] OK/OM DX CW VE9AA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OK/OM DX CW VE9AA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 12:10:40 +0000
                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:   41    34
   40:   31    29
   20:   58    46
   15:   20    19
   10:
-------------------
Total:  150   128  Total Score = 57,600

Club:

Comments:

Didn't start until Sat evening local time as I was busy repairing low band
antennas all day, so I just got on for a few minutes around supper to see how
they were working.  Some A/B tests against reference antennas showed a small
improvement I think.
20m was almost gone at dark here altho OL90IARU had a real nice signal !
40m was weird. Mostly weak signals. Mad a few Q's then had supper.
80m came alive later on with some  real 5NN signals.
Only stn heard on 160m was OM3RRC, but no QSO. It was pretty early, before
local midnight so I wasn't expecting much.  Did hear Mike F5IN about 529, so
never held out much hope for OM/OK Q's on TOPBAND, hi !

That was it for Saturday (local)

Sunday got up before sunrise and started calling the loudest stations on 20m.
An hour before SR I managed to get OM20OTC and OK1OEA to hear me and that was
it for a while.

Called CQ and S&P for the next hour on 20m until 15m opened but QSB was
real deep, so went back to 20m for the last 20minutes. I'd hear their call but
miss the section often and I wasn't using a call history file, so no help
there.

I probably missed any opening there may have been on 10m Saturday. (never heard
anyone Sunday)

Many big signals from OM/OK as usual and lots of activity for sure.

73 es thanks for all the Q's

CU in CQWW CW

Mike VE9AA