[3830] OK/OM DX CW N8II SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OK/OM DX CW N8II SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 22:03:29 +0000
                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    0     0
   80:   33    30
   40:   52    45
   20:   74    54
   15:   65    46
   10:   27    23
-------------------
Total:  251   198  Total Score = 149,094

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A few if some contest fun turned into some fairly tough going on the low bands.
My 80 meter score was probably best I have ever done after many years not
participating, but only about 25% of stations logged on 80 were easy copy; I
repeated my serial number too many times to count on 80, Conditions were poor
on 80, below normal on 40, but 40 stayed open at least a little until I QRT'ed
at 0330Z.
10 was pretty well wide open for about 90 minutes, but most OK/OM stations were
doing too well on 15 then to try 10. They were able to run both EU and NA on 15,
vs. just NA/SA on 10. 20 M activity had already dropped significantly by the
time the band opened well and was very low past 18Z. At 1940, 20 was closed to
OK.
I worked OL90IARU, OK1FMX, OL5Y, OM3PA, OL1C, and OK6T on 80 thru 10 meters and
at least 10 more stations on 4 bands. Nothing was heard from anywhere in EU on
160. Running was slower than S&P almost all of the time, so most Q's were
S&P.

Thanks for the QSO's.

73, Jeff