[3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 02:44:39 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 20:15

------------
  160:    0
   80:   68
   40:   40
   20:  159
   15:  159
   10:    1
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was my first SS in a couple years and it was fun to get back into the fray!
 It was pretty much just slogging away, S&P and looking for the elusive
mults since I wasn't able to get much going for runs.  I actually did some CQs
answered - even on 40 and 80 - amazing.  But they were just one or two or three
- no real runs.

I was very fortunate that I found VY1MAB in the second hour.  I finally picked
up Nebraska for the sweep with just over an hour left.  I was really starting
to sweat it.  It had been several years since I got a sweep and was relieved to
get it again, especially with QRP unassisted.  It really seemed like the
activity was down over all and several sections just didn't seem to have
anybody running.

15 and 20 were equally good depending on the time of day and area of the
country.  At times, I seemed to be heard pretty well on the low bands, but at
other times I got CQ'd in my face.  Such is QRP. But it did strike me that I
didn't get as many "I need everything again" responses this year.

This was the first time I used the DVR - really made a difference and saved my
voice!

Station:
   Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts out
   TX38 tribander at 40 feet and inverted vee at 39 feet

73,
Randy, ND0C