[3830] SS SSB K6JEB SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6JEB SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 03:08:55 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6JEB
Operator(s): K6JEB
Station: K6JEB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EB
Operating Time (hrs): 21:58

------------
  160:    0
   80:   55
   40:   54
   20:  167
   15:  285
   10:    7
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had a pretty good time! I worked Matt K0BBC/VY2 for MAR right after I started
(an hour late, getting the remote tuner on the new antenna, read on) so that
put me into a great mood right away.  At 1809UTC on Sunday, I worked W1WMU for
a Clean Sweep.  It was a lot easier to stop worrying about multipliers once
they were all worked.

The night before, I installed an S9 43' vertical on the radial field I have for
my 160m Inverted-L (brought it down for Sweepstakes).  At the base I tune it
with an LDG remote tuner, works better than my multi-band vertical.  By This
contest wouldn't have been the same without the long run I had on 15m.  Rig was
a Yaesu FT-857D into an Ameritron ALS-500M amp.  I used the Cushcraft A3S for
10m, 15m, and 20m.  And everything else was done on either the Butternut HF9V
or the new 43' S9 vertical.  One other thing that made this SSB Sweepstakes
bearable was putting my Timewave DSP-59+ in-line with my audio and WOW what a
huge difference it makes to make able to use EFFECTIVE DSP on what you're
hearing.  Good fun and hope to do even more next year!