[3830] SS SSB N5UM Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5um@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N5UM Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 03:13:33 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): WD0GTY N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:  116
   40:  111
   20:  245
   15:  153
   10:   12
------------

Club:

Comments:

Yikes - I forgot how tough SS SSB was at 100 watts.   Got off to a slow start,
but things picked up after the first few hours.

This is the first multi-op effort from the new N5UM QTH.  Thanks to Jeff,
WD0GTY for sharing the chair with me here.  He also brought a small 3 element
tribander that we put up at 20 feet which helped with a few tough mults that we
would not have worked otherwise.

Last 2 sections worked for the sweep were UT and QC - which are not usually
difficult from here.   The Nebraska filter evidently was not engaged this
weekend.

Rig: IC7410  100 Watts -- also TS480 as 2nd receiver
Antennas:   3 element tribander at 20 ft
            Hustler 6BTV ground mounted on 32 radials
            160 meter inverted L that seems to work pretty well on 15 meters
thru rig's tuner
            102 ft doublet up 40 ft fed with 450 ohm window line all the way to
Dentron MT2000A tuner
            Pixel sat magnetic loop for receive, but only used a couple of
times

73,  Al N5UM and Jeff WD0GTY