[3830] SS SSB N5DO Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5do@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N5DO Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:55:40 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): KE5OG N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:   78
   40:  119
   20:  256
   15:  631
   10:  105
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We set a goal of 1250 QSOs but ended up short.  With great conditions on 15M the
goal was reachable, but the SteppIR DB-18 wasn't working on 40M so we had to use
a vertical on that band with limited success.  The SteppIR was working fine two
weeks ago during the CW weekend but in the two weeks since then there were four
or five days of high winds.  It appears one of the coax connectors on the relay
box for the 40M portion of the SteppIR may have vibrated its way loose.

Despite that setback it was still an enjoyable weekend.