[3830] SS SSB N7NKD(N7MZW) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N7NKD(N7MZW) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 07:39:51 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N7NKD
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7NKD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   44
   40:  263
   20:  442
   15:  109
   10:    1
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

First time as a "Guest Op" for me at the QTH of N7NKD located East of
Cheyenne, WY. in Laramie Co. Kenwood TS-950SD, Heil BM-10 Headset, and a Hygain
HY-Tower Vertical as the only antenna. Tough to find a freq for running at
times, so much more hunting and pouncing than I typically do. Some good runs on
20. 15, and 40 when I could find a clear freq. Missed NL and SD for what would
have been my 3rd clean sweep. I operated 10 feet from a running pellet stove
which caused all of the internal fans in the TS-950SD to come on during a long
pile up. This reduced output power to 70 watts until I sat the rig on the front
porch for a few minutes, and then all was well again with normal output. Nice to
work several school Ops and a few members of my Grand Mesa Club as well. I was
impressed with how quite Bob's rural QTH was, and the HY Tower vertical
garnered good signal and audio reports from coast to coast. Thanks to Bob for
acting as Control Op so I could sample the Extra Class privileges. This
strategy netted several Q's. A special thanks to Bob's XYL, Betty for providing
lots of great food. Now if I could just stop hearing Bob's call sign in my
head... Thanks to all for the Q's. I LOVE SWEEPSTAKES !!!