[3830] CQWW CW WN6K SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wn6k@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WN6K SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 17:27:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  204    16       21
   20:   43    11       11
   15:  223    22       42
   10:  197    19       34
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was an abbreviated entry on my part as I had to drive over to Palm Springs
area for a week of 'work' and I am a notorious lat-minute packer.

My last contact was ZA/YT7DQ on 40m which was probably the most work I have put
into a contact in quite awhile. He was plenty loud and whenever he kind of
paused between his run, I was kind of sensing it was 'sort of me' he was
hearing. When he had a bit more time and less takers, Keki took the time needed
to dig me out ONE letter at a time until he confirmed the call correctly and my
zone. A very special tip of the hat to a very good fellow as I am sure that I
was not needed for a multiplier but my keying exuded the 'urgency' for me I
guess.  ZA on 40m was a new BAND Country and hopefully Keki will upload to LoTW
after the contest.

As to equipment and station, all worked well. I was glad that 10m opened
Saturday afternoon for a JA opening as that kept me on the air for a few more
hours to run the tab up a bit.  15m sounded great and I am sure that those that
were single-banding it had a great time. It will be interesting to read the
comparisons of scores of this year and after Thanksgiving, I was THANKFUL that
we had a contest with decent band conditions and an absence of bad A/K
indices.

WN6k, Paul