[3830] CQWW CW W2EG SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W2EG SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 01:00:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W2EG
Operator(s): W2EG
Station: W2EG

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 21:40

  160:
   80:
   40:  576    27       95
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Tough contest fm USA with a dipole and 100 W, Just squeezed out 200K
points, though I'm sure that will get reduced when error checked. I
did some running, but best rate I could sustain for an hour was a mere
49/ hr. Those difficult paths to far east Asia especially tough!
Frustrating to copy them okay, but be unable to work them, especially
with the pile-ups. Conditions on 40 seemed mediocre, at best. Finally
got a bit quieter on Sunday morning (UTC), but got noisier as the day
went on. Aside from the noise, propagation was not great, especially
over the pole. I had a really hard time copying JAs with the echoing
distortion, though many were certainly loud enough. I heard a number
of sections I could not work: either couldn't get them to copy me or
could not fight through the pile ups.

Far too many DX stations fail
to identify for EXTENDED periods. Guess they do not run short of
callers using spotting. Makes it hard for us ops who like to use no
assistance.

Still had fun. Thanks to all for the Qs!

73,
-Rich, W2EG