[3830] CQWW CW N3RS SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N3RS SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 04:08:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

  160:   65    13       50
   80:  483    24       94
   40:  986    38      130
   20: 1019    39      135
   15:  871    35      133
   10:  282    24       82
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I think this weekend was fun, but my body is telling me a different story.  Feel
like a zombie!  All in all, losing 10M to poor conditions (low MUF most of the
time) was the worst part of the weekend.  Scores look to be down from last
year's blast.  I am finally getting the hang of having two radios playing at
the same time, but I believe it adds an extra load that my old body has to
contend with.  Not much sleep, considering the 2 hour break for church on
Sunday afternoon.  highlights include being called by HS0AC, several VU's and a
number of the Gulf States and finally working some europeans on the second night
on 160M.  The Vertical just doesn't get through most of the time.  Conditions
must really be weird on that band, as even the stronger stations that I could
hear just never heard me.

Only problems with the station had to do with a funky serial port issue that
loses the ability to see the Green Heron rotors at unpredictable times.  The
same computer hosting a second copy of N1MM+ and my rotor controls also locked
up tight on two occasions requiring a hard shut down.  Also lost mouse control
on the main computer, hosting the log and antenna selection controls, due to a
battery failure in the mouse!  That's on me.  Hi.

Thanks to all who called in and to the hosts for the premier contest of the
year.

73 de Sig, N3RS